Happy New Year everyone!
I normally never make New Years Resolutions. There really is no specific reason why I don’t, but this year I decided to change that. Will I stick to it? Who the hell knows. But at the very least it’s worth a shot. So here goes my list of 2013 New Years Resolutions.
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week – I have a gym in my condo complex. It’s free and I never use it. Bad form Nicole! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to become a gym rat, I don’t want to become skinny, but do I have some weight to lose? You betcha. Do I need to be healthier? Of course. Hence my whole I must start going to the gym.
- Fine tune my blog schedule and blog more regularly – Yeah, my procrastination bit me in the ass big time in 2012. I found myself wasting inordinate amounts of time that could have been spent blogging. Part of that is because I am so flipping lazy, but the other reason is that I have no real system/schedule set up. I’ve tried a few this past year, but none of them have worked. They’ve all been missing something. Have no fear, my search is over for a new blog planner that actually works for me. In fact, my new planner works so well for me that I plan to give one away to one lucky winner. Stay tuned for that giveaway on Sunday.
- Organize, Organize, Organize – The last time I did this was in relation to my bookshelf. That in and of itself is an ongoing task. But 2013 is going to be the year that I organize everything else. First up will be my office! It currently looks like a cardboard storage facility, which Geek Girl can attest to. I’m gonna clean it up and convert it to an office/makeup room/guest room all wrapped up into one. It’s gonna be a huge project, but I’m so up to the task. Now who wants to come over and help me paint?
- Take more photos – For someone who owns 2 cameras and a smart phone, I don’t take nearly enough photos. This year, I’m going to document absolutely everything. So if you see me, and I stick a camera in your face, please don’t slap me.
- Travel – No more staycations for me. I mean really, I get at least 3 weeks of vacation a year, plus an additional 2 weeks off at Christmas. I really need to make better use of what amounts to at least 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. I know I’m headed back to NY for BEA at the end of May, and I’m also looking at Chicago for ALA at the end of June, but that still leaves me with a lot of time left over. Where else should I go? Any ideas?
- Act my age – I’ll be 32 in February 2013! As much as it pains me to admit it, it’s time to grow up and act like an adult (which is highly overrated BTW). In 2013, I’m going to DO ALL THE THINGS! For those of you that don’t understand that reference, I suggest you google Hyperbole & a Half.
Well there you have it! My New Years Resolutions for 2013. I don’t think any of them will be too hard to stick to as none of them are too outrageous or anything, but we’ll see. In any case, these resolutions don’t start until tomorrow when I am sure I will be at the gym while trying to fight off my New Years hangover.
What about you? Do you have any New Years Resolutions for 2013?